HumaNatural

Musings on the life of a writer, baker, enviro-mom, soapmaker.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I'm Back!

OK, thanks to all of you - ahem, *both* of you - who noticed I had been delinquent on my blogging. I would love to say that I have a fabulous excuse, but I don't, except that - you know - life happens.

That said, it is at last glorious spring here in New England, which may in fact be the REAL reason I haven't been keeping up on my writing. I have been gardening, and hanging clothes out to dry in the fresh, sweet, manure-scented air; I have been playing with the kids and - better yet - encouraging them to play on their own.

Life, in short, is sweet.

But as is usual when life is going so well, I can feel it whisking by me. Leaving me in it's wake, sort of - I mean, GEEZ. My baby is three now - that's right, three - and my oldest is poised to graduate from Kindergarten. My New Year's Resolutions are now almost six months old, although by objective adherence standards they appear to be a tad retarded.

Which is precisely when I feel it most necessary to write. Other people have camcorders, I have a pen and notepad (when I can find the blessed thing amongst the seed packets and soil blocks) and a horrible burning urge to catch the river as it flows past and nail it down to its very banks.

Usually, with overblown prose and terrible analogies (see above).

But then again, that's the beauty of revision - a luxury we're rarely afforded with life.

So check back often, it's good to be back!

- Erica

1 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Jensgalore said...

Glad to see you back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home